Below the tips is a video I did at one of the recent yard sales I took part in (October 2015). Yard sales are great for getting your information out to potential customers and/or recruits for your direct selling business. In that sense Yard Sales will always be successful even if you don’t sell any products on the spot that day. Plus, you never know who could come back around at a later time because they still have your information. The Yard Sales I’ve done were community sales that you paid money towards the cause (2 were schools, 2 were churches) for a table and then you kept all profits made at the table. I went this route because I do not have somewhere to host my own Yard Sale.
- Advertise your Yard Sale (if having your own)—Avon Independent Sales Reps have a sign available on YourAvon–campaign tools–planning tools as of the posting of this blog. Make sure your advertisements fit policy for the direct selling company you represent.
- Have inexpensive products on hand–2 for $1 deals are great!
- Bundle products together in a package deal
- Sell products for as little as you can and still make a profit (Sale prices)
- Give out FREE samples with your information if you are able
- Have about 20 books on hand or more if you know for sure there will be heavy traffic
- Have your own Yard Sale so you don’t spend money on the space
- If you don’t have somewhere to hold a Yard Sale, like me, then you can find ones in your community. The most I’ve ever spent for a Yard Sale was $25 for a space. Some space fees might be tax deductible as a donation to the organization, so check on that when filing taxes with a professional tax preparer.
- Know the season you are selling in so you can have seasonally appropriate products on hand.
- DO get follow-up information for people if you can. One way to do this is to offer a free raffle and use survey cards that ask for contact information. For Avon Independent Sales Reps, there are cards available in the same place as the Yard Sale sign as of this post date. You can also try asking people that take your information for their information. One way to do this is to say you like to remind customers of your order date and then ask what is the best way to contact them.
- Do not have A LOT of product to sell. I still have products from the first Yard Sale that I bought to sell at that Yard Sale.
- It’s hard to tell you what to have on hand as you never know what customers will be looking for, so it’s best to stick to the inexpensive idea and any inventory you need to get off your hands. Also, you know the popular products of your brand that everyone likes, so you can have some of those on hand for on the spot sales. As an Avon Independent Sales Representative, people at the Yard Sales I’ve been a part of have asked about Moisture Therapy, sunscreen, BugGuard, and Skin So Soft Oil. The sunscreen and BugGuard are for spring/summer sales not really fall. People have also asked about the deodorants and lip balms (these are definitely good to have as they don’t cost too much to stock).
- If you don’t have the money to stock inventory, sell normal Yard Sale items and just have your information on hand to give out like your brochures and business cards and maybe sample packs. If you go this route, have a separate area to promote your business (a good place is next to where you are sitting and where people will pay you for their items).
I will continue to use the Yard Sale idea to get the word out about my direct selling business as it is an easy way to reach a lot of people at one time.
Representative Selling Tips:
- Avon What’s New Books and Information
- Representative Center
- New Representative Tips
- Avon Kickstart Incentive for New Representatives–Earn $1,010 in your first 90 Days
Three ways to Shop Avon Online:
1) Shop my online eStore
2) Shop my online Brochure
3) Shop by Product # — Use the online Avon Brochures, take note of the campaign number and item number and then use the shop by product # option on your representative’s eStore.
Avon is the company that started it all when it came to direct sales! It has been around for 130 years! Avon offered women the opportunity to be CEOs of their own businesses and control their economic destinies 95 Years before the first woman was appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court…77 Years before the first woman traveled into space…76 Years before the first woman took the reins of a Fortune 500 company…34 Years before women in the U.S. had the right to vote… and 17 Years before the first woman won the Nobel Prize…Learn more about Avon
In less than 5 minutes, you can start your own Avon business! Fill out the registration form and select which kit you would like to start with. You can use your free online store to start right away! Learn more about how it works and sign up today at www.startavon.com Use reference code: adavis0493
To shop Avon online, visit https://adavis0493.avonrepresentative.com
Amanda Davis, Avon Independent Sales Representative, New Avon, LLC, United States
Follow me on Social Media:
- Facebook: fb.com/amandabeautyalcove
- Twitter: @amandabeautytip
- Periscope: @amandabeautytip
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adavis0493/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amandadavisavon/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AmandaDavis0493
- Tumblr: http://adavis0493.tumblr.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD-7bBkzC3Qx_udsep2iNA
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adavis5/
I was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia and still live locally. I have my Masters in Teaching for Early and Elementary Education and I am an early childhood teacher. I have been teaching for five years. In the next five years, I would like to get my reading specialist endorsement so that I can become a reading specialist. I joined Avon in August 2011 in order to earn an income around going to college full time. When I first joined Avon, I had no idea what I was getting myself into and I had never heard of direct sales. My mother had actually been an Avon Representative briefly before I was born and she shared some about the company with me and said that I should go for it! I met with my upline sales leader and she signed me up and the rest is history! Over the last several years, Avon has become a major passion of mine and I have enjoyed being able to share Avon and it’s products and missions with those around me.In 2013, I took an interest in expanding my online Avon business and since then I have been blogging and growing my Social Media presence. Avon is truly loved by many and when you start sharing that online you can really see the love and support from others worldwide. Even though we can only serve customers in the United States and share the Avon opportunity with those in the USA, worldwide followers will find you on Social Media and the web. In 2014, I was awarded the Spirit of Avon award and I earned the coveted President’s Club sales level and my first Mrs. P.F.E. Albee figurine. Mrs. P.F.E. Albee was the first Avon Lady back when David McConnell (Avon’s founder) had the California Perfume Company (which later became Avon Products). In 2016, Avon Products North America was bought out and thus New Avon, LLC was born. I have been super excited for the new changes of New Avon, LLC! My goals in 2017 are to continue to grow my online presence, earn President’s Club sales level, and become an Ambassador or above in our leadership chain. I do not have a family yet, but my hope is that when I decide to start one I can use Avon as a source of income in order to stay at home with my children when they are small like my mom stayed home with me and my brother until we both were in school.
To join team A-mazing representatives visit www.startavon.com and enter reference code: adavis0493