Tips for Using Craft Fairs to Grow Your Business
I have done several craft fairs over the years. I prefer these to Yard Sales because you can sell items more for their value without potential customers getting mad about the prices. With Yard Sales people are looking for bargains and with Craft Fairs people are just looking. One downside is that some people go to Craft Fairs to find unique items and things they couldn’t find elsewhere. For a Craft Fair, the best time to look for them is with your holiday selling season. You should have bundled products on hand to sell as gift sets. At the Craft Fair I did really well at, I had bundled products (the bath & body sets did the best) and I had Jewelry sell well. The best thing to do is to either get bundled products or get some products and put them together into your own bundle. Stocking stuffers may sell well as well. Of course all of this would depend on what company products you have ready to sell so talk to someone in your specific company to see what they recommend you have on hand to sell at Craft Fair events. Also, as always make sure you have business cards and brochures on hand to give out so people will have your information. I did a Craft Fair in November and then in February someone that had my information from that event called to order from me so you just never know when a follow-up sale might occur. It’s also good to have some samples to give out of products if your company offers that kind of thing. Good luck!
Top Tips for Craft Fairs:
- Work with what you have. Do not feel obligated to purchase a bunch of products and materials for a craft fair or other vendor event. It is best to work with existing materials that you have such as excess inventory.
- Bundle products into basket gift sets. I have found that gift sets usually sell well at Craft Fairs particularly during the holiday season. People are looking for gifts and sets are more giftable than individual products.
- Take advantage of the networking opportunity. The whole purpose of doing a Craft Fair should be to network with people in your community. Talk to as many people as you can and give your information either through business card, sample, and/or brochure to as many as possible while also getting as much follow-up information as you can.
Full Video: Avon Rep Tips–Craft Fairs
Representative Selling Tips:
- Avon What’s New Books and Information
- Representative Center
- New Representative Tips
- Avon Kickstart Incentive for New Representatives–Earn $1,010 in your first 90 Days
Three ways to Shop Avon Online:
1) Shop my online eStore
2) Shop my online Brochure
3) Shop by Product # — Use the online Avon Brochures, take note of the campaign number and item number and then use the shop by product # option on your representative’s eStore.
Avon is the company that started it all when it came to direct sales! It has been around for 130 years! Avon offered women the opportunity to be CEOs of their own businesses and control their economic destinies 95 Years before the first woman was appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court…77 Years before the first woman traveled into space…76 Years before the first woman took the reins of a Fortune 500 company…34 Years before women in the U.S. had the right to vote… and 17 Years before the first woman won the Nobel Prize…Learn more about Avon
In less than 5 minutes, you can start your own Avon business! Fill out the registration form and select which kit you would like to start with. You can use your free online store to start right away! Learn more about how it works and sign up today at www.startavon.com Use reference code: adavis0493
To shop Avon online, visit https://adavis0493.avonrepresentative.com
Amanda Davis, Avon Independent Sales Representative, New Avon, LLC, United States
Follow me on Social Media:
- Facebook: fb.com/amandadavisavonindsalesrep
- Twitter: @amandabeautytip
- Periscope: @amandabeautytip
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adavis0493/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/amandadavisavon/
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AmandaDavis0493
- Tumblr: http://adavis0493.tumblr.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoD-7bBkzC3Qx_udsep2iNA
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adavis5/
I was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia and still live locally. I have my Masters in Teaching for Early and Elementary Education and I am an early childhood teacher. I have been teaching for five years. In the next five years, I would like to get my reading specialist endorsement so that I can become a reading specialist. I joined Avon in August 2011 in order to earn an income around going to college full time. When I first joined Avon, I had no idea what I was getting myself into and I had never heard of direct sales. My mother had actually been an Avon Representative briefly before I was born and she shared some about the company with me and said that I should go for it! I met with my upline sales leader and she signed me up and the rest is history! Over the last several years, Avon has become a major passion of mine and I have enjoyed being able to share Avon and it’s products and missions with those around me.In 2013, I took an interest in expanding my online Avon business and since then I have been blogging and growing my Social Media presence. Avon is truly loved by many and when you start sharing that online you can really see the love and support from others worldwide. Even though we can only serve customers in the United States and share the Avon opportunity with those in the USA, worldwide followers will find you on Social Media and the web. In 2014, I was awarded the Spirit of Avon award and I earned the coveted President’s Club sales level and my first Mrs. P.F.E. Albee figurine. Mrs. P.F.E. Albee was the first Avon Lady back when David McConnell (Avon’s founder) had the California Perfume Company (which later became Avon Products). In 2016, Avon Products North America was bought out and thus New Avon, LLC was born. I have been super excited for the new changes of New Avon, LLC! My goals in 2017 are to continue to grow my online presence, earn President’s Club sales level, and become an Ambassador or above in our leadership chain. I do not have a family yet, but my hope is that when I decide to start one I can use Avon as a source of income in order to stay at home with my children when they are small like my mom stayed home with me and my brother until we both were in school.
To join team A-mazing representatives visit www.startavon.com and enter reference code: adavis0493